AdvancedMD is a privately-held provider of practice management (PM) and electronic health records (EHR) solutions targeting small and mid-sized medical practices. AdvancedMD was acquired by Automatic Data Processing, Inc., ADP®, a leading provider of human resource, payroll and benefits administration services in March 2011. The AdvancedMD system was developed to replaces five or more systems with an all-in-one EHR and practice management solution that allows health care providers to optimize schedules, simplify check-in and checkout, document patient encounters, prescribe and order, capture and pursue revenue, measure financial performance and practice on the go using mobile applications.
ADP® AdvancedMD, Inc. was formerly known as AdvancedMD Software, Inc. and changed its name to ADP® AdvancedMD, Inc. in March 2011. The company was founded in 1999 and is based in South Jordan, Utah. As of February 28, 2011, ADP® AdvancedMD, Inc. operates as a subsidiary of Automatic Data Processing, Inc. ADP® AdvancedMD, Inc. provides cloud-based electronic health record (EHR), practice management, and medical scheduling software solution for medical practices and billing companies in the United States.
AdvancedMD is trusted by practices and billing companies in the United States with an estimated 2.9M claims processed monthly, 13,500 active providers, 380 billing companies, and used at 5,000 practices. AdvancedMD consistently achieves first-pass claim acceptance rates of 95 percent or better, compared to the national average of 70 percent creating a powerful return on investment for small physician offices.
The AdvancedMD EHR software allows healthcare professionals to automate workflow while improving clinical accuracy and outcomes.
AdvancedMD EHR features include but are not limited to 
- Flexible and customizable documentation
- Viewing the patient EHR according to the physicians preference
- Analyzing trending patient health over time & across visits
- Creating custom health plans such as managing specific conditions of patients
- An alert system for appointment recall, prescription refills, and lab orders
- Analyzing, monitoring and quantifying population health with meaningful use reports
- Receive and share health information electronically to registries and manage transition of care
- Allowing physicians to engage and deliver medical records securely with their patients online
- Managing documents, images, audio and video
Advantages of using AdvancedMD software is that it’s an all in one solution, it pays for itself, users receive free automatic updates, provides access to patient data anytime and anywhere, is fast and reliable software, no installation or maintenance is required, it’s stored, backed up and secured by military-grade encryption and redundancy at an offsite location, and more than a hundred companies utilized their APIs to integrate their technologies with AdvancedMD software. An additional advantage is the modular licensing model which allows providers implement discrete functional areas incrementally (e.g. scheduling, EHR, billing). Providers may take advantage of this as an evaluation strategy or to manage their transition from multiple legacy systems.