Amazing Charts is an Electronic Medical Records/Electronic Health Records'(EMR/EHR)' software that was developed in 2001 by Jonathan Bertman, MD, FAAFP, a family physician in Rhode Island. This software's superior ratings of usability, it's fair pricing, and overall user satisfaction has sold thousands of units to different practices adding over 75 new practices each month.
In 1999, Dr. Bertman wanted to implement an Electronic Health Records system to manage his entire medical practice in an attempt to eliminate paper charting. He was in search of an EHR that would have the ability to schedule appointments, message within the facilities staff, store patient's charts, and deal with billing issues, be easy to install, learn, and use, all while maintaining his $10,000 budget. After thorough search he was unable to find a software that met his needs so he decided to build one himself.
Dr. Bertman began his endeavor of creating such software by self-teaching himself programming language and through trial and error he was able to create the software's interface. The next stage was a matter of adding fields that were used by physicians and corresponded to the database storage fields. Once Dr. Bertman finalized all the details to his software he implemented the EHR to his own practice. His EHR was successful in his practice, and slowly made his software available for purchase on the internet.
Through word-of-mouth advertising, orders for his software began increasing. Amazing Charts has become one of the most popular EHR programs in the United States, with over 5,000 practices who have already implemented the EHR in their practices and many more are in their free three month trial. Amazing Charts provides economic convenience compared to the overpriced and overly complicated programs being used in other practices.
Currently, Amazing Charts EHR Version 7.0 has been certified as a 2014 Meaningful Use Complete EHR (11).This means that practices implementing this EHR can be eligible to participate in the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs by using the technology in a way that engages patients and their families,improve quality, efficacy and safety of care, improve public health and maintain patient privacy and security.Meaningful use sets specific objectives that eligible professionals (EPs) and hospitals must achieve in three stages over the next 5 years (12). Even with Meaningful Use requirements are added, Amazing Charts continues to rank highly in being user friendly, which has made it more appealing than its major competitors such as Allscripts, Greenway PRIME suite, and Practice Fusion.
Major functions include the following features:
- Office Flow and Office Visit Cycle Time
- Mobile Solution
Through multiple studies this system claims that it can perform the above functions at a level significantly better than any other (EHR/EMR) system available today (including those costing tens of thousands of dollars more). This software ranks as the #1 system for usability and affordability.
'Note: This is a great article about being a genius which goes hand in hand with the following quote “if you can’t find it, create or build one that is suitable to your own needs” This is what makes the United States of America a great country that stands on the cutting edge of creativity.
Dr. Bertman took it and delivered a product which is user friendly and affordable with a fantastic marketing name “Amazing Charts”.''''
In November 2012, Amazing Charts was acquired by Pri-Med, a trusted source for professional medical education to over 260,000 clinicians since 1995.
The Pri-Med InLight is the company's cloud solution and Amazing Charts is currently being marketed as the on-site solution.
Currently "Amazing Charts" has the following user base:
- 6,700+ unique practices in the United States and abroad
- 25,000+ clinicians and office staff currently using Amazing Charts
Electronic Health Record Solutions for Specialists
The Amazing Charts Electronic Health Record (EMR/EHR) system has numerous features and functions that are designed for specific medical specialties, including:
- Cardiology - Direct links between Amazing Charts EHR and EKG, Stress, and Echo Cardiogram test equipment
- Dermatology - Freehand illustrations, Drawing / digital images, Photos attach to patient charts
- Pediatrics - CDC growth curve charts, Head circumference, Immunization and shots documentation, Pediatric templates built in, State immunization registries, vaccine schedules, Vaccine information sheets
- Podiatry - Unique billing modifiers, Foot image
- Psychology and Psychiatry - Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) IV codes are already built into Amazing Charts
- Pulmonology - Direct connection between Amazing Charts EHR and Spirometer equipment
- Amazing Charts charges $1,995/physician for their first year of usage.
- Second year and on is $995/physician each year.
- Offsite backup is offered for $250.
- No. 1 Rated EHR in MedScape/WebMD EHR Survey of more than 20,000 clinicians (08/12)
- No. 1 Rated Ambulatory EMR for 1-10 Physicians in 2011 Best in KLAS Awards (12/11)
- No. 1 Rated for Implementation experience, Training, Support Experience, Satisfaction, and Usability in AmericanEHR Partners' Survey of the American College of Physicians (08/11)
- No.1 Rated for User Satisfaction & Customer Loyalty in Family Practice Management Survey of AAFP Physicians (8/11)
- No. 1 Rated in AmericanEHR Survey of American College of Physicians (10/10)
- No. 1 Rated for User Satisfaction in Family Practice Management (12/09)
- No. 1 Rated EHR at AAFP’s Center for Health IT (10/09)#1 Rated EHR in Medscape EHR User Survey (10/09)
- Top 20 Best in KLAS 2008, 2009, 2010
Company Contact Information
Main Office: Amazing Charts, LLC, 50 Ten Rod Rd, Suite 12, North Kingstown, RI 02852
Boston Office: Amazing Charts, LLC, c/o DBC Pri-Med, LLC, 111 Huntington Ave., 4th Floor, Boston, MA 02199
Phone: Toll-Free: (866) 382-5932
Email: Customer Support: email@example.com
General Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Billing Inquiries: email@example.com
Support Staff - Amazing Charts  Learn how to utilize support staff features in Amazing Charts.
Sharing The Amazing Charts Folder  Learn how to share your Amazing Charts folder on your network.
Reports within Amazing Charts  This tutorial highlights the reporting features within Amazing Charts.
Opening Firewall Ports in Amazing Charts In this tutorial learn how to open a firewall port in order for other computers to connect to the main database in Amazing Charts.
Interfaces in Amazing Charts  Learn how to utilize third-party interfaces in Amazing Charts.
Filepath Reset in Amazing Charts  Learn how to reset a filepath in Amazing Charts.
Electronic Prescribing in Amazing Charts  Learn how to E-Prescribe in Amazing Charts.
How to Use Backup in Amazing Charts  Learn how to use the back up utility to save data in Amazing Charts.
Adding Another Computer with Amazing Charts  Learn how to add another computer to your Amazing Charts network.
Adding A New Patient in Amazing Charts  Learn how to add a new patient into Amazing Charts
- Flow Mapping, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_map
- , Office Visit Cycle Time, http://www.ihi.org/resources/Pages/Measures/OfficeVisitCycleTime.aspx
- Charting a Course to Safety, http://www.aaos.org/news/aaosnow/apr09/managing7.asp
- Electronic prescribing,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_prescribing
- Medical Billing, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_billing
- Pri-Med, http://www.pri-med.com/pmo/Home.aspx
- Pri-Med InLight, http://www.inlightehr.com/
- Hoyt, R.E., & Yoshihashi, A.(2014). Health Informatics: Practical Guide for Healthcare and Information Technology Professionals(6th ed., Kindle version).Retrieved from Amazon.com
- Amazing Charts Awards List, http://amazingcharts.com/company/about-us/
- Amazing Chart Training Videos, http://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingCharts