Criteria for creating new order sets
- Usage rates of the legacy order sets, i.e. those that demonstrated heavy usage in the past were updated and implemented in the new system;
- Top DRGs, i.e. we attempted to create order sets for the most common DRGs;
- CMS quality measures, i.e. order sets to drive compliance with CHF, CAP, AMI, etc... standards;
- Internal Quality Data, i.e. those areas that demonstrated opportunity for quality improvement because of "unusual occurrences" or sentinel events were candidates for order sets;
- "Leave no specialty behind" philosophy, i.e. each specialty would have at least one order set at the time of the rollout.
Data-driven order set generation and evaluation in the pediatric environment.
Making Sense of Clinical Practice: Order Set Design Strategies in CPOE
Order Sets in Computerized Physician Order Entry System: an Analysis of Seven Sites