Healthland develops and implements Healthcare Information Technology and CCHIT certified EHR systems for rural hospitals and clinics.
HealthLand , formerly Dairyland Healthcare Solution, was founded in 1980 in Glenwood, Minnesota. They have been serving healthcare industry for more than 30 years . Healthland, ranked #71 in corporate revenue on the 2013 Healthcare Informatics 100. HealthLand's focus is on the rural healthcare market and they have grown as a leading nationwide provider of comprehensive healthcare information systems for rural and critical access hospitals . Their network contain more than 500 clients all over the country.
With the awareness of needs, barriers and financial considerations of the rural healthcare environment, Healthland has developed highly functional, cost-effective healthcare information system. They have played an active role in helping the rural hospitals realize the benefits of a fully integrated electronic health record (EHR), aiming for a population management model.
Healthland acquired American HealthTech, Jackson, Mississippi in 2013. American HealthTech provides electronic health record technology and software solutions to nearly one-fifth of long-term and post-acute care organizations in the lower 48 states (4). Though both companies operate under their own names, the collaboration allows them to provide "a shared health record that follows the patient across the entire care continuum, including preventive, outpatient, inpatient, post-acute and in-home care".(5)
Healthland acquired Rycan, Minneapolis, Minnesota-based company on April 1, 2015. Rycan is a revenue cycle management firm. According to Healthland CEO Chris Bauleke, "this acquisition is timely considering Medicare cuts, changing payer markets and new payment models that are straining the typical billing and collections efforts for acute and post-acute care organizations." As a result of the acquisition, Healthland will now be able to offer its customers revenue cycle management software. (6)
Healthland provides complete Inpatient EHR and has received ONC-ATCB 2011/2012 certification from CCHIT . They have met all the requirements to achieve Stage 1 Meaningful Use compliance and offer rural community and critical access hospitals the opportunity to receive incentive payments .
In 1980- founded Healthland (Formely Dairyland Healthcare Solutions).
In 2007- Healthland was acquired by Francisco Partners, private equity firm focused on information technology software.
In 2008-2009- Acquired Advanced Professional Software (APS) and American Healthnet (AHN).
In May 2013 - Acquired American HealthTech, an organization that specializes in EHR for post-acute facilities.
In April 2015 - Acquired Rycan, a healthcare revenue cycle management firm
- Implementation – system planning, design, build, test and deployment
- Professional business services – system evaluation, custom forms and reports
- Revenue cycle management – billing, policies, vendor relations, compliance, etc.
- Cloud services – reliable, scalable managed hosting
- Infrastructure services – IT networking, security and technical support
- Training and support – 24/7 support, documentation, courses & tutorials
- Healthland. (2015, September 6). Retrieved from http://www.healthland.com/services/
3. Newman, E. (2013). Healthland buys American HealthTech; Franks to lead. Mcknight's Long-Term Care News, 34(7), 22.
4. Pamela Tabar, Long-Term Living May 21, 2013. Healthland buys American HealthTech