MediTouch EHR® is a complete electronic health record (EHR) designed to be both web-based and offer a touchscreen user interface. It runs on desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices. With MediTouch, data are stored, backed up, encrypted, and protected in the cloud. MediTouch EHR is customizable to suit the needs specific to almost any medical specialty.
MediTouch EHR was developed by HealthFusion, Inc., a software company founded in 1998 at San Diego, California. Healthfusion was founded by two primary care physicians, Dr. Seth Flam, the current CEO, and Dr. Sol Lizerbram, the current Chairman of the Board. . The company started as a clearinghouse. It later evolved into a fully integrated system which includes MediTouch EHR (Electronic Health Records & Patient Portal) and MediTouch PM (Practice Management & Clearinghouse). Meditouch was developed by physicians to enhance patient care and improve workflow. Although its primary focus is Primary Care, it is designed to be used by other specialties, such as OB/GYN, Pediatrics and Podiatry. .
MediTouch was one of the first 5 pure ambulatory EHRs to achieve 2014 certification and it ranks in the top 10% of all EHRs that have had at least one successful Meaningful Use attestation. HealthFusion's MediTouch EHR 4.0 2014 Edition was certified in June 2013. MediTouch was ranked as a Top 3 electronic health record (EHR) for Clinical Quality and Support in the Medical Economics' National Provider Survey.
On April 17, 2015, Altegra Health and HealthFusion announced a partnership; this partnership was created “to help providers optimize workflow and improve documentation for patients in Medicare Advantage (MA) programs through MediTouch.”  The tools were launched “with the goal of helping providers ensure they are meeting CMS quality and coding requirements.”  Chief strategy officer of Allegra Health Jared Sokolsky noted that “[b]y more accurately assessing and documenting a patient’s risk and closing care gaps, physicians and health plans can ensure their reimbursement reflects the true level of care required for the patient.”  Chairman of HealthFusion Dr. Sol Lizerbram noted that “MediTouch provides the real-time feedback providers need in order to code accurately.” 
On August 6, 2015, the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) partnered up with HealthFusion; the partnership allowed for the AAFP “to offer HealthFusion’s award-winning software to its 120,900 Family Physician members.”  Dr. Sol Lizerbram, Chairman of HealthFusion, noted that “the MediTouch system is already prepared to work closely with AAFP members to meet the challenges of our ever changing delivery system.”  The use of the MediTouch EHR allowed for “an easy way for family physicians to participate in the new lucrative Medicare Chronic Care Management benefit,” among other such benefits. 
The core EHR offers functionality for charting, problem lists, medication management, electronic prescribing, allergy checks, order management, lab tests, billing and document management. The system can also be configured to meet a provider’s personal charting preferences and custom forms can be implemented to work with MediTouch’s touchscreen technology. MediTouch EHR can be deployed standalone or in conjunction with HealthFusion’s practice management system. The complete system is certified to meet the meaningful use criteria for ARRA stimulus funds.
Electronic Health Record Features
- Affordable - monthly subscription fees include customer support and training
- Full EHR functionality with iPad
- Medical charting - pre-loaded and customizable templates
- Interface with major labs
- Patient portal
- MediDraw - draw onto patient's photo or anatomical outline to illustrate physical exam findings 
Practice Management Features
- Revenue Cycle Management Tools - built-in insurance eligibility verification
- Patient scheduling system - customizable appointment types and calendar; available via patient portal
- Integrated Clearinghouse
- Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) auto-posting system
- DenialDefender - marks claims for appeal
- Patient billing
- ICD-10 Ready 
Add On Solutions for Primary Care
- Medicare Advantage Code Assist
- Chronic Care Management tracking
- Patient Centered Medical Home module 
MediTouch runs on the hardware the practice already has- desktop, laptops, tablets & mobiles. Hence, there is no need to buy expensive, bulky servers or hire a full-time IT person to manage it.
Data stored in the cloud-based software is actually more secure than data stored on a physical server or paper records in the practice. With MediTouch your data is always backed up, encrypted & protected 24/7 by the highest level of HIPAA- certified security measures.
In MediTouch cloud EHR, data could be accessed with just a internet connection. One can easily accesses data from home or while travelling- including from a smart phone. 
Meaningful Use Certification
MediTouch was one of the first five ambulatory EHRs to achieve 2014 Meaningful Use Certification. MediTouch comes with built-in Meaningful Use. The goal of the program was to use EHR technology to improve quality, safety and efficiency, engage patients and their families, improve care coordination, while maintaining patient privacy. With MediTOuch, doctors and support staff each have their specific roles in the Meaningful Use workflow, that way less time is spend on documentation and more time on what you do best. 
Awards and Recognitions
- Top Rated on Medical Economics Best EHR Survey 2014 - top ranked for Clinical Quality and Support
- ONC Certified HIT - 2014 Certified Complete EHR - supports Stage 1 and Stage 2 of Meaningful Use
- Electronic Healthcare Network Accreditation Commission (EHNAC) Accredited EHR and PM
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Patient Centered Medical Home Prevalidation
- Surescripts White Coat of Quality – awarded in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Certified JD Power Call Center
- Quest Diagnostics Gold Certified Vendor
- Core Certified Clearinghouse
- Software Advice Star Rating 
Endorsements and Partnerships
HealthFusion's integrated EHR system has been awarded and recognized for its many features. As a result, it has been recommended and selected by various healthcare entities as their EHR vendor of choice.
- Recommended by The American Academy of Family Physicians
- Partnership with Miami Children’s Health System to offer P.E.D.S. EHR Office Edition
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA) Strategic EHR Partnership
- American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) Seal of Acceptance – Podiatric Partnership
- Dade County Medical Association Vendor of Choice
- Endorsed by Palm Beach County Medical Society 
- Rupp, S. (2015, February 16). Health IT Thought Leader Highlight: Dr. Sol Lizerbram, HealthFusion. Retrieved from http://electronichealthreporter.com/health-it-thought-leader-highlight-dr-sol-lizerbram-healthfusion/
- Lynn, J. (2013, November 26). Learning about HealthFusion and MediTouch EHR. Retrieved from http://www.emrandehr.com/2013/11/26/learning-about-healthfusion-and-meditouch-ehr/
- MediTouch EHR ranked as Top 3 for clinical quality and support http://www.healthcareitnews.com/press-release/healthfusions-meditouch-ehr-ranked-top-3-clinical-quality-support-medical-economics-na/
- Altegra Health® Announces Partnership with HealthFusion MediTouch® EHR http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150417005058/en/Altegra-Health%C2%AE-Announces-Partnership-HealthFusion-MediTouch%C2%AE-EHR#.VfDMfRFVhBd
- AAFP and HealthFusion Partner to Deliver EHR Benefits to 120,900 Family Physician Members http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150806005415/en/AAFP-HealthFusion-Partner-Deliver-EHR-Benefits-120900#.VfDMfxFVhBd
- MediTouch Cloud Based EHR Software https://www.healthfusion.com/ehr-software/web-based-ehr/
- Meaningful Use Incentive — A leader in EHR Meaningful Use https://www.healthfusion.com/ehr-meaningful-use/