MedicsDocAssistant Electronic Health Records System
MedicsDocAssistant Electronic Health Records System
The ADS, Advance Data System, is proud to offer the powerful MedicsDocAssistant Electronic Health Records Software (EHR) package. MedicsDocAssistant V. 5.2 has 2011/2012 ONC-ATCB Certification as a Complete EHR by CCHIT®, helping eligible professionals obtains maximum Stimulus Act incentives.
Electronic Health Records systems (EHR) have proven to be a far better approach to documentation than conventional, paper-based systems. MedicsDocAssistant presents a dynamically powerful EHR/EMR solution, with industry-leading features. The primary advantages ADS clients enjoy by using electronic medical records include:
- Financial incentives: With proved meaningful use, eligible professionals become entitled to receive significant financial benefits from the federal government. Visit our Stimulus Act Information Center to learn more.
- Increased efficiency: Patient information is readily available, saving time and effort while reducing the need to store paper records and files.
- Improved documentation: Eliminates illegible handwriting, links related records electronically, reduces data entry errors, and helps eliminate missing/required patient information.
- Improved quality of care: With complete and immediate access to patient records, providers are able to provide better, faster, more personalized care, raising the level of both medical care and personal attention.
- Improved security: Role-based security allows only authorized individuals access to medical records. Access logging and auditing provides a history of who accessed and who modified any record.
- Reduced documentation expenses: Eliminates need for most transcription activity and dramatically reduces the need for paper storage facilities.
- Likelihood of reduced malpractice insurance premiums: In some cases, malpractice insurance carriers will reduce malpractice premiums when EHR software is being used.
MedicsDocAssistant Electronic Health Records software offers the following key EHR/EMR features. Note that MedicsDocAssistant may be purchased together with MedicsPremier medical billing software to enjoy industry-leading medical practice management and medical billing capabilities along with EHR/EMR functionality (the two products are seamlessly integrated when used within the same practice).
- Industry-leading, full-featured electronic medical records software features
- Physicians Quality Reporting Initiative (PQRI): Voluntary PQRI reporting began in 2006, but now it is a requirement in order to comply with "meaningful use" as it applies to the Stimulus Act for obtaining bonus incentives for EHR usage. MedicsDocAssistant reports quality data related to services provided under the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule by gathering measures on at least 80% of appropriate/applicable patients. Essentially, PQRI captures the level of success of outcomes based on the procedures performed for that patient, in an attempt to have patients be treated as effectively, and efficiently, as possible.
- Computer Based Provider Order Entry (CPOE) : CPOE enables the provider to enter orders for medications, laboratory/radiology tests and procedures directly into the patient’s record. The system then transmits the order(s) to the appropriate departments, individuals, labs, pharmacies, etc. Includes real-time clinical decision support such as dosage and alternative medication suggestions, duplicate therapy warnings, and drug-to-drug and drug-to-allergy interaction checking.
- Evidence-Based Medicine: Also known as "Decision Support," MedicsDocAssistant electronic medical record software includes features such as "blue ribbons" for supporting the individual provider’s judgment with the best available evidence from systematic research.
- MedicsRX e-Prescribing Solution: MedicsRX improves patient care by providing safety measures for every prescription issued. Accurate, secure prescription data is electronically transferred to all connected pharmacies eliminating the need for handwritten prescriptions.
- Medics On-Call™ for iPhone™: Clean, fast and accurate, use your iPhone to enter data at the point of care – not hours or sometimes even days later! Excellent for hospital rounds or whenever the provider is out of the office, the iPhone interface places patient data at the provider's fingertips.
- MedicsPortal: The MedicsPortal dynamically connects practice to patient and patient to practice. Patients can schedule appointments, complete questionnaires, communicate, and so much more – all on the Web!.
- Encounter-based model: Documentation is created by the physician during the patient encounter. Integrated facilities are provided for organizing patient encounter data, inserting handwritten notes, including transcripts and easily accessing glossaries of medical terms.
- Virtual "sticky notes": During or after a patient encounter, the physician may enter handwritten notes and diagrams into the system.
- Template texts: The Electronic Health Records system includes thousands of ready-made template texts to assist the provider quickly enter encounter data. Specialty-specific templates are also available (see below).
- Powerful search: A number of powerful search forms allows the provider to immediately locate a patient's records by name, date, time slot, free-text search and more.
- Role-based security: Individuals in the practice can be provided differing level of access security within the system. Roles may be designated for entering, changing or viewing information for particular patients, particular groups of patients or all patients.
- Medics Patient Portal: Patients can complete forms, make payments, access their account and request appointments online, 24x7x365 via secure encrypted communications.
The CCHIT-certified MedicsDocAssistant Electronic Health Records Software (EHR) is excellent for many specialties, such as those listed here.
- Behavioral Health
- General Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Pain Management