Pediatric Informatics Articles on Clinfowiki
- Specialized Needs of a Pediatric EHR summarizes the 2001 statement from the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Special considerations for Pediatric Practices summarizes the 2007 article by Andrew Spooner on priority areas within the prior AAP statement. It also describes AAP Child Health Informatics Center and the Council on Clinical Information Technology of the AAP.
- Children's Electronic Health Record Format describes the project from 2009 to 2015 to specify in detail the functionalities of a more ideal pediatric EHR.
Pediatric Informatics Resources
- Lehmann, C. U., et al. (2009). Pediatric informatics : computer applications in child health. Dordrecht ; New York, Springer.
- Hutton, J. J. (Ed) (2016). Pediatric biomedical informatics - computer applications in pediatric research. New York, Springer.
Important Reports and Articles
- (2001). "American Academy of Pediatrics: Task Force on Medical Informatics. Special requirements for electronic medical record systems in pediatrics." PEDIATRICS 108(2): 513-515. (pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/pediatrics/108/2/513.full.pdf)
- Wald JS, R. S., Webb JR., Haque S, et al. (2015). Children’s EHR Format Enhancement: Final Recommendation Report. Rockville, MD.
Programs and Organizations
- Vanderbilt University Department of Biomedical Informatics (www.vumc.org/dbmi/)
- Boston Children's Hospital Clinical Informatics Fellowship (www.childrenshospital.org/clinician-resources/education-and-training/clinical-informatics-fellowship)
- Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia Department of Biomedical and Health Informatics (dbhi.chop.edu/education.html)
- Council on Clinical Information Technology of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Child Health Informatics Center
- Informatics Special Interest Group of the Academic Pediatrics Association (www.academicpeds.org/specialInterestGroups/sig_med_informatics.cfm)
- Health Level 7
- Agency for Health Research and Quality (AHRQ)
Submitted by Ben Sanders in April 2018